Friday, June 17, 2011

Report for Friday,17.06.11

Here's the report for today:

Big Red: Not much to say, he's eaten abit after I removed him from the tank. The brine shrimp eggs that I poured into the tank yesterday still haven't hatched yet. Most of his fry are hiding amongst the roots of the Water Hyacinth. I read somewhere that they would feed off microscopic bits of the plant. So its a good thing even if the brine shrimp eggs don't hatch.

MuchoMachoMan: He decided to repair his nest today. Abit late eh? Remember I said that most of his fry were at the bottom of the tank and I was unsure whether they were dead or alive? Here's the good news: They're ALIVE!!! There are only a handful of them still down there, but majority of MuchoMachoMan's fry are beginning to swim horizontally already!!! Yeah! I decided to continue on leaving him inside to take care of his fry for one more day, though I still reckon that he didn't do a good job on that. Taking him out tomorrow.

Northern Dancer: Listen here!! Turns out that our dear Northern Dancer is quite a resourceful guy(: When I first observed his tank today, I couldn't see any sign of eggs or fry. Just a tiny little bubble nest at the far end of the tank. After taking a closer look, I saw tiny new born fry clinging on to the leaves of the Cabomba Plant! It was a very interesting and surprising sight. The very plant that the female used to hid in is now a sanctuary and haven for her offspring(: I even managed to catch Northern Dancer blowing a tiny fry which had 'fell of its perch' on the Cabomba Plant back up onto it. Once again, I wish that I could have recorded it down but my camera isn't that advanced, I tried but the picture was too blurry. Anyway, I reckon that Northern Dancer is the best! Do you realize that his fry hatched the earliest? Good ole' Northern Dancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment